The Christmas holidays are the perfect moment for packing your bags and going travelling. There are so many potential plans for Christmas: for those who are going home to see friends and families, for entire families who want to spend some time together or for those who love Christmas markets and want to take advantage of the holiday period to discover how magical some cities can be during this time.
Every year there are more and more people who are looking to enjoy a Christmas getaway in Spain. Although there are many destinations that offer unforgettable getaways in December, at Record go we recommend the following.
1. Madrid, for a traditional Christmas holiday
Madrid is without a doubt one of the most magical destinations for the perfect Christmas holiday. The lights that cover its wide and majestic streets and its festive atmosphere have made it the perfect destination for holidays with friends or with family.
What to do in Madrid at Christmas
- If you would like to spend Christmas Eve in Madrid, we would recommend that you explore the streets and shops that have been decorated for the occasion, visit the traditional Christmas market at the Plaza Mayor or sample some roasted chestnuts or traditional churros with chocolate from one of the street vendors.
- If you’ve decided that you’d rather spend New Year in Madrid instead, don’t miss the picturesque San Silvestre Vallecana race, the traditional bells of the Puerta del Sol, the parties at the city’s trendy bars and clubs or the prestigious New Year concert at the National Music Auditorium.
2. Christmas in Mallorca has its own unique identity
You are guaranteed a great time if you spend Christmas Eve in Mallorca with your family.
Mallorca is decorated every year for Christmas. Its streets become filled with magical lights, colours, music, culture and lots and lots of personality.
While the Christmas markets are one of the main events here, there are also lots of other things you won’t want to miss. For example, For example, you can discover and taste the “llonguet”: The most typical bread roll of Majorca.
3. Málaga, joy and Christmas art
Málaga is the perfect destination for those who want to escape the cold over Christmas. Thanks to its warm climate, you will be able to enjoy a wide range of activities and shows for the whole family. Every inch of Málaga is full of Andalusian tradition, culture and joy over the Christmas period.
4. Seville, a perfect Christmas for the family
Taking advantage of the Christmas school holidays, during this period the city of Seville fills its streets with children’s activities and shows for everyone. Christmas in Seville is not only characterised by its nativity scenes and parades, there are also a whole host of recreational activities and entertaining cultural events.
The city streets are filled with photography, drawing and writing competitions for the little ones in the family, theatre and circus performances, concerts, artistic tributes, raffles and fairs.
Alicante (you can make a gastronomic route for the Christmas sweets: the Turron), Valencia and Barcelona are some of the other destinations that also offer a unique Christmas getaway. Destinations where you are sure to have the best time and that offer a wide range of activities of all kinds that cater to everyone.
An endless number of charming cities and towns await you this Christmas if you decide to travel by car to Spain.
Shall we go?